Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ReplayKit - Watch replays from ALL patches without annoying map path problems

Happy New Year community!
    2014 starts with good news to all Warcraft 3 replay viewers out there. I'm happy to announce my new Warcraft 3 tool called ReplayKit. Don't bother yourself with patching and copying/renaming of maps anymore. Because that's exactly what ReplayKit does for you - an all-in-one comfort package and 100% safe for bnet usage.
    Only one click for any replay from now on

This Great Project is Open Source!
    Feel free to read through the code and contribute to this amazing project.
    For the ones with trust-issues, clone the repo and build it yourself!
    For all others: I promise this software is no malware or anything like that, just what it's supposed to be! A handsome tool

Work Flow:
    No real installation is needed, just a quick setup. Afterwards you can double click your replays and the magic begins! For legacy replays ReplayKit patches Warcraft3 automatically (and reverts the patch after quitting WC3). It also handles invalid map paths in replays, as it just corrects them and passes the new replay to WC3. Since ReplayKit only works on copies of replays and a backup of your Warcraft is created, no data can get lost (your WC3 folder stays clean).

ReplayKit Requirements:
    • Windows XP or later
    • Warcraft 3 TFT @ patch 1.27a (important!)
    • (optional) An OLD WC3 CD (to watch RoC replays 1.07 and earlier)
    • 225MB memory space (190MB patch data + exe plus another 35MB for a automatically created back up of your game)

Quick and Easy Installation:
    Check out the Installation Guide in my Wiki

Features:
    • NO CD required for old TFT versions (except for patches 1.07 and earlier)
    • Views any replay of any patch (1.00 to 1.27a)
    • Fast and stable patching (everything is backed up)
    • Requires just a fraction of memory space compared to other patchers
    • Corrects invalid map paths and replaces unreadable names (russian or chinese letters) in replays
    • Enables the possibility to show permanent health bars in later WC3 versions (with double pressing ALT)
    • Allows to recolor players for better distinguishability
    • Allows to remove spam chat (like WTV info flood)

Notes:
    • Patch 1.24ab and Patch 1.24cde are incompatible but can't be distinguished automatically! So for this special case YOU have to tell ReplayKit which version is correct (if you don't know that, run the replay twice, then you'll be fine anyway)
    • All 1.07 and earlier replays need an OLD RoC CD! Furthermore the replay doesn't start automatically. After your game pops up you have to go to single player->view replay->!RKTemporary to run the replay
    • All the testing was done on an ENGLISH WC3 version! If you have different language installed, feel free to report bugs, so that I can fix them. Normally there shouldn't be any, except for some text-language-mixing
    • When your game version doesn't get patched back automatically (happens on a unexpected power off or anything like that) start ReplayKit and it already asks for a version recovery
    • Some had problems using ReplayKit on Windows XP. It could be solved by unselecting (when a window "Run as" pops up) "Protection of the computer and datas against the unauthorized program activities"

ReplayKit Detailed Information:
    That's it from my side, I hope you enjoy the tool as much as I do And if you feel like this project deserves some support, consider donating (button can be found at the bottom of the wiki). I'd appreciate it
    W A R C R A F T 3

My WC3 Tools: W3GPathCorrector and ReplayKit (view Replays from all patches)
Working...
X