Daily Sketches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Sketches

I could call this thread "UnLikE's Art" or "Artwork by UnLikE" but I don't feel I'm good enough to have a thread like aznmantis or VeritasAequitas (sp?) so I'll just name it "Daily Sketches".

Because that's what it is. Every day I'll post a 800x600 image with some sketches and one of them coloured. It should take me only a few minutes to make them, but I think everyone here knows how hard it is to maintain this kind of commitment. I believe making a thread here will help me with improving constantly, so please, if I don't post a sketch in a day, flame me and embarass me and make me draw 2 in the next day.

Before you post here, keep in mind a few things:
    1) shit sucks.
    2) your advice is helpful but remember these are sketches made in under 5 minutes and no reference was used.

I'm not looking for praise either (shit sucks, what praise could I get?), just please keep me going and make me post these every day. I haven't been drawing enough to improve and having this responsability should help me.

1)

2)

3) Tomorrow
    LONG LONG AGO THERE WERE A MAN WHO TRY TO MAKE HIS SKILL THE ULTIMATE,
    BUT BECAUSE OF HIS BLOODY LIFE HE WAS IN THE TROUBLES...

(1:07:14 PM) kjh: why do your chars all have terrible names SexehSeacow

(1:07:30 PM) SexehSeaCow: what's wrong with cinderella!?

I suggest some self study in human anatomy. Even sketches start with the basic anatomy lines.

On a side note, that guy in your first picture looks like the teacher in your Nazi comic on Memberchat.

------------------------------- Paper is balanced, but Rock needs a nerf. -Scissors

Comment

Originally posted by RonaldC
      I suggest some self study in human anatomy. Even sketches start with the basic anatomy lines.

On a side note, that guy in your first picture looks like the teacher in your Nazi comic on Memberchat.
      For sure. I'll try to set what I draw every day like:
      -2 body parts
      -1 full body
      -1 facial expression

On your side note, it doesn't look so much like him, but the fact that you even know the comic makes me happy. Hopefully I'll finish today's comic in a few hours.

On my side note, calling it a "Nazi comic" isn't a good idea

Comment

3)

Comment

In my quest to draw women that don't look like traps:

4)

Comment

Aslong as you don't stop before you get to a month it's gona go great, i did anatomy pracitce every day for a month and it really helped, a lot of people stop after a week and go "fuck it, it's not helping," but it really does.

Comment

How do I know it's a woman if I don't see boobs?

Comment

Is that guy touching himself? (or is that your attempt at a female..) and I like the hand foot, haha

whats so funny about the chicks mouth, her lips look nice.. imo shes got like a bum eye.

also - you mentioned a few of WCR's best artist and it got me to thinking. What ever happened to BlueFley, that guy's art fucking rocked.

edit - wtf @ the gay baby thing lol

Guilty until proven innocent.

Comment

Nah, my 2 women attemps are in the right. The guy does look like he's touching himself and when I realized this I drew his hand inside his pants, but I knew somebody would complain that I was hiding his hand. Not that I shouldn't have hidden it, it looks awful.

The chick's mouth is too far to our left and her nose is wrong as well.

Hopefully by #50 you guys will have something good to look at.

Comment

Are you using that tutorial you linked for colouring? I might try it. It looks really good
                    www.tzentsel.deviantart.com

Comment

Originally posted by Tzentsel
                      Are you using that tutorial you linked for colouring? I might try it. It looks really good
                      This one: http://www.inxerus.com/feature-view....ge=4&id=4#main ?

I got the brush settings from the other colouring tutorial in this site, but the tutorial itself isn't that useful.

Comment

so you do the coluring technique (soft shading), with layer masks?

Comment

I don't use layer masks, and I use only one layer for colouring. It's just brushing, there's nothing complex about it.

Comment

Okay still looks pretty nice :O

Comment

Here's something you can try. Long time ago when I still went to art class, my art teacher taught me this and after a few weeks I got A LOT better.

1. Put something with lots of folds in front of you. Crumpled paper, messy bedsheets, folded umbrella, whatever.
                              2. Draw the object, making sure to draw its folds accurately, with the least amount of lines possible, and you cannot lift your pencil or tablet pen up, so that it's one run on line. You're allowed to lift it up maybe once or twice, if you really need to, but otherwise you don't, as it's part of the exercise.
                              3. Post it on this thread.
                              4. ??????
                              5. PROFIT!

------------------------------- Paper is balanced, but Rock needs a nerf. -Scissors

Comment

Working...
                              X