Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coronavirus

Looks like it's spreading outside of china. Seems like Iran, Italy and South Korea have hundreds of cases already and growing. It's going down in china, so I guess we'll get to see which style of gov and society handles such outbreak better. chinas quantantine gave them all ample time to prepare but it seems like they are all botching it so far. Not that I want to compare but when you talk shit about China's actions, of course people are going to call you out for being a hypocrite and fucking it up even worse even though everyone else had much more time to prepare and respond.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019?2..._and_territory

This website has the latest numbers and is updated daily at least

https://ncov.dxy.cn/ncovh5/view/pneumonia_peopleapp

This is what the numbers mean

From yesterday-2150
    Existing confirmed diagnosis
    +530 from yesterday
    tip
    Suspected
    From yesterday -789
    Existing severe
    +517 from yesterday
    Cumulative diagnosis
    +71 from yesterday
    Basically no one who is under 35 and caught it died. Maybe one or two only. It's like mainly 60-70+ year olds for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by ex0duz; 02-24-2020, 09:38 PM.
    Abstract, Negative, Concrete. Thesis, Antithesis, Synthesis. Bush, Obama, Trump(LOL!), .... YANG(?!?!)
    "I'd tell all my friends but they'd never believe me, They'd think that I'd finally, lost it completely. I'd show them the stars and the meaning of life.. they'd shut me away, But I'll be all right.."
    Anime/Manga List | WCR Otaku Group(Now in Member Chat!) | The Chess Thread™ | Youtube Channel

Guess who got the bug... this guy.

I went through a whole psychological process. First, I was pretty terrified, then I got some (maybe fake) courage, and then I was legitimately pissed.

The anger kicked in when I was at the COVID clinic, which is an area within the hospital for people who already have a positive diagnosis. There were people in there, all of us waiting for some kind of care, and there was this group saying stuff like they knew masks wouldn't work, they weren't going to let a virus run their lives, etc. Most of them were old and fat and way more likely to die than me, and it occurred to me that its these sloppy fucks that have kept the virus around long enough for me to catch it.

I'm still worried though not as bad as I was before. What has kicked in is like... shame or embarrassment? It's like I want to get shirts that say "I wore masks and social distanced" because I feel like a social outcast.

Also, I physically feel like shit.
    Death steals everything except our stories. - Jim Harrison

Comment

Sounds like the masks didn't work great if you all got COVID.

Good luck Bippy, get lots of rest and consider donating plasma once you are better.

Comment

There's certainly more to slowing infection rates than masks, but there's a reason other nations have more successfully flattened the curve than we have. We're just not buying in to the stuff we could do behaviorally that would make a difference. Sucks.

Comment

Do you still have your sense of taste and smell? Watched a video of a guy doing a taste test and he was eating a raw onion, a spoonful of garlic from the jar, a shot of lemon juice swished around and swallowed. It was gnarly.
          Originally posted by Xiblitz
          my purpose is to school you, its a valid cause i think.

Comment

I can distinguish between different tastes, but nothing is normal and it's like 5% of the normal strength. I got nuclear heat chicken wings the other night and they were still rough.

Comment

That sucks. If you were to guess, do you have any idea how you got the virus?

Comment

Sucks Bluedot! Hang in there and take it easy! I got COVID back in June and it was exhausting. For me, it was really subtle. I have had colds that hit me harder all at one time, but I felt like COVID was a marathon and after 3-4 days with symptoms, I noticed I was exhausted when I had been in bed for 3 straight days. Like the feeling of afyer swimming for a few hours. Tired lungs from holding vreath + exercise.

I also don't advise trying to do any real exercise. My younger brother got COVID and he is healthy/fit AF. The only thing that really seemed to make him feel like shit was when he thought he would be okay to work-out and it knocked him on his ass.
                Originally posted by Megoydagi
                THIS IS FOR WHENPEONSATTACK

listen bro, peons looking like ashit so i picked the blademaster

Comment

Hang out with us bluedot we got you.
                  Free bitcoin faucet!
                  Shitty CS:GO stats
                  Even shittier Dota 2 Stats

Comment

Hope you are feeling better bluedot!

What are your all's plans for Thanksgiving? I'm not going home but I know a lot of people are still planning on it...

Comment

I'm going to my in-laws simply because they are essential to my daily life in regards to child care so I am in and out of their house multiple times a week anyway. Just us and them though, small dinner. literally the only difference from a normal night is that I will be there so if anyone gets covid then its probably on me

Sooo you guys have any moisturizer recommendations? My hands are fucked from the amount of hand sanitizer I use in a day and I just cannot find a good lotion that does the trick. Some leave me feeling even drier, some feel greasy, some just don't seem to work at all...

edit: also just want to brag that my 3 year old wears a mask better than most adults, haha. Which is really sad to say at this point of the pandemic T_T
                      Last edited by nShade; 11-19-2020, 02:58 AM.

Comment

I'd avoid using hand sanitiser and wash your hands with soap where you can, it's more effective and better for your hands.

Otherwise use E45 cream if you can get that in the USA.

Comment

Oh yeah, for sure. I wash my hands a ton as well, so honestly it could even be the type of soap I have been using. I will see about e45. I have probably reached compulsive levels with my hand washing/sanitizing, lol

Comment

If your hands are cracked use Aquaphor. I used to use it when running outside was a thing.

My toddler loves to wear her mask and is always washing her hands over the silliest of things. This generation is going to have different learned habits.

Comment

I got called to take a test through contact tracing, so I am pretty certain I know who passed it to me.

The coughing is almost gone, so I'm hoping I shake it pretty fast. My experience is almost exactly what WPA described... insanely fatigued all the time. My biggest complaint is the body aches. Knock on wood -- no clotting or really bad breathing problems. Still, I can't imagine trying to do exercise or really any physical work. Walking to get the mail wiped me out.

I use bag balm for my hands and it hasn't failed me yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X