No announcement yet.

Coronavirus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holy shit man. One of my relatives had a pulse oximeter they let me borrow and my oxygen levels were maybe 94 at the lowest. And after a while I felt pretty shitty. Glad you are doing better.
    Originally posted by Megoydagi
    THIS IS FOR WHENPEONSATTACK

listen bro, peons looking like ashit so i picked the blademaster

Comment

An O2 sat in the mid 80s would definitely earn you an admission and some supplemental oxygen. Unless you have COPD or sleep apnea, that'll likely make you feel really shitty.
      My songs

https://soundcloud.com/thursday8411

Comment

My aunt is in the hospital downstate. I'm pretty sure she is going to die because she is not a healthy person. Her kidneys are fucked, she's diabetic, has parkinson's, and now covid and (I assume as the result of covid) pneumonia. The best news we got was that they were able to lower her oxygen levels a bit. They are treating her with Remdesivir and, obviously, focusing on each symptom individually I guess.

I'm wondering if it will be eye opening for my extended family, because there is a lot of "god will protect us" and "masks don't help" and "it's just a virus, this is what happens" going on. My mom is already planning a family reunion for next summer and my sisters and I are the only ones who are like "maybe we'll take a wait-and-see approach" (spoiler: none of us want to go anyway)
        Originally posted by Xiblitz
        my purpose is to school you, its a valid cause i think.

Comment

Originally posted by nShade View Post
          My aunt is in the hospital downstate. I'm pretty sure she is going to die because she is not a healthy person
          Most likely your family will go with this and not think about the covid as much.
          Free bitcoin faucet!
          Shitty CS:GO stats
          Even shittier Dota 2 Stats

Comment

lol, that is exactly what I said to my sister man.
            Originally posted by Xiblitz
            my purpose is to school you, its a valid cause i think.

Comment

Ugh, this stuff lingers. Still feeling super run down
              Death steals everything except our stories. - Jim Harrison

Comment

Yeah, I felt that way, I would say it is mostly back to normal after a month. Even more so in 2-3. Of course there are more severe cases that have lasting effects, but those are the exception, not the rule. Hope yours turns out to be the rule!
                Originally posted by Megoydagi
                THIS IS FOR WHENPEONSATTACK

listen bro, peons looking like ashit so i picked the blademaster

Comment

What treatment if any did the docs give u guys? I've heard of remdesivir or whatever but I also thought I heard some countries banned that.. seems all over the place and nothing is known or safe
                  Abstract, Negative, Concrete. Thesis, Antithesis, Synthesis. Bush, Obama, Trump(LOL!), .... YANG(?!?!)
                  "I'd tell all my friends but they'd never believe me, They'd think that I'd finally, lost it completely. I'd show them the stars and the meaning of life.. they'd shut me away, But I'll be all right.."
                  Anime/Manga List | WCR Otaku Group(Now in Member Chat!) | The Chess Thread™ | Youtube Channel

Comment

https://www.the-scientist.com/news-o...tudy-68226/amp

Red cross has released new study and info, showing that blood samples taken from December 13 and after already had covid antibodies. Out of 7389 samples, 106 tested positive for covid antibodies, which translates to about 1.4%. 1.4% of usa population which I just used 300 million to represent is 4.2 million. So based on that, we can extrapolate that 4.2 million americans had some kind of covid already during November(since it would take 14 days or more to produce antibodies that they detected in dec 13). I'm willing to assume that even older samples would show antibodies, if those samples already showed more than 100(1.4%).

This was long before china's outbreak in December, and also matches with samples in france, spain, and italy that also showed they had covid antibodies in samples as early as March and also November in other countries. So the whole china origin thing is looking very shaky(as in all but debunked but you know science, they never want to make definitive statements) and has for months now, it's just that no one wants to accept the data since china haters and racists wanna use it to bash china forever. Just read how the articles are written, they all make it sound like china is origin and always have, but when any data comes out showing otherwise, they write from a skeptical point of view and "study claims this" etc without even telling the proper story, which is that 4.2 million americans could have already had covid by November/December 2019.

Normally articles always do click bait headlines but when it comes to china, they never seem to do it unless it's negative? Definitely has cia and intel agencies agenda all over it. It's not some isolated case, it's like every headline from every MSM paper.

The next few months are “going to be really tough” in the United States, Dr. Robert R. Redfield, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, warned on Thursday.
                    “We are in the time frame now that probably for the next 60 to 90 days we’re going to have more deaths per day than we had at 9/11 or we had at Pearl Harbor,” Dr. Redfield said during an event hosted by the Council on Foreign Relations.

In the Sept. 11, 2001, terrorist attack, 2,977 people were killed. The attack on Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7, 1941, killed 2,403 Americans.

On Wednesday, at least 3,055 new coronavirus deaths in the U.S. were reported, according to a database maintained by The New York Times. On Thursday, at least 2,923 people died. On Friday, the figure was at least 2,951.

Although a vaccine should be available soon, Dr. Redfield said that it is unlikely to reduce the numbers of deaths over the next few months. He urged Americans to “double down” on precautions and protect themselves by wearing masks, maintaining social distancing, avoiding indoor social gatherings and keeping their guard up, even among friends and family members. He also implored Americans not to travel and to reconsider travel plans if they have already made them.

“We are turning a corner, but I want to come back to the reality that this is going to be a brutal time for us,” Dr. Redfield said.

Health officials across the country share that same grim assessment.

“The worst is yet to come in the next week or two or three,” said Catherine Troisi, an infectious-disease epidemiologist at the UTHealth School of Public Health in Houston. “What happens after that is going to depend on our behavior today.”

Dr. Troisi said she expected the death toll to accelerate in part because current numbers most likely do not reflect infections from Thanksgiving gatherings.
                    https://www.nytimes.com/live/2020/12...irector-warned

Grim as fuck. Usa just crossed 300,000 deaths, and the worst has yet to come.. those 3000 deaths a day isn't even including the thanksgiving spike or the coming Xmas and new years spikes which will make thanksgiving look tame. Along with winter weather, yeah. Wouldn't be surprised to see 5000 deaths a day. This is fucking insane.

We in australia had 5 new cases from returning travellers and we already on edge even though they are all stuck in quarantine in hotel(since we had debacle with hotel leak last time, hopefully they learned their lesson and now they aren't taking any chances).

China also had like 7 new cases and went into wartime mode, with hundreds of thousands of tests a day and masks selling out again. Meanwhile usa with 100k new cases a day and 3000 deaths a day is still arguing over masks and organising parties lol.

The world is watching on in shock and awe and what usa has turned into, and can't blame it on trump either. All levels of gov and all parts of society have all failed massively on this.

If we take their predictions of 3000 deaths for the next 90 days, that's another 270,000 deaths in 3 months, so it will be 570,000 dead by another 3 months. I'm guessing it will go to 5000 deaths a day after the thanksgiving and Xmas and new yrs spikes, maybe more but I'll just use 5000 to be "conservative". 5000×90 = 450,000. So could be 750,000 dead americans by another 90 days. Insane. Could be even more than that, well see.

Covid has revealed the weaknesses of all countries, societies and cultures.. laid bare for the world to see. This is going to change the world in profound ways, even more than GFC of 2008, probably more than September 11 attacks even(at least for the countries that didn't get invaded and destroyed by usa and it's "coalition of the willing")

The loss of US credibility and leadership role and as number 1 country for science and technology has been staggering. Even usa closest fanbois and vassal states like south korea have lost faith in us as a "civilized state to look up to", and I'm guessing this will be even more so for many other countries, especially ones poorer then SK. This will have massive geopolitical consequences, especially with china handling it like a champ and being the only major economy to have positive gdp growth this year, and who will also recover completely first with vaccine since I don't think china will have the same anti vax problems usa will have when the time comes to roll out nationwide vaxxine. Hurray for freedom right? Bahaha. Freedom isnt free, the costs are shitload of gun deaths, shitloads of covid deaths, and imagine they had the same attitude for seat belts or other things, the death count would be staggering. Why stop at masks or vaxxines, why even follow speed limits or traffic lights etc? That's limiting your freedoms right? Fucking idiots lmao.

Maybe extreme freedom usa style is not what the rest of the world wants and is not even a good idea if were talking about protecting human life and safety. Extreme freedom sounds more like anarchy to me than anything else.

500,000-750,000 deaths is more than all wars americans have fought in I'm guessing, including civil war? Definitely more if we exclude civil war.

Yet you still have fuckhesds saying it's just a flu and don't need masks n shit. No wonder the country is on massive decline. Education is key, not religion or ideology, aka fantasy la la land.
                    Last edited by ex0duz; 12-12-2020, 07:30 AM.
                    Abstract, Negative, Concrete. Thesis, Antithesis, Synthesis. Bush, Obama, Trump(LOL!), .... YANG(?!?!)
                    "I'd tell all my friends but they'd never believe me, They'd think that I'd finally, lost it completely. I'd show them the stars and the meaning of life.. they'd shut me away, But I'll be all right.."
                    Anime/Manga List | WCR Otaku Group(Now in Member Chat!) | The Chess Thread™ | Youtube Channel

Comment

I hope everyone here can stay safe during Xmas and new years.. especially my american and indian brothers (and certain euro countries + UK). PLEASE for the love of humanity, stay home and tell your parents and relatives to also stay home and socially distance. Also remind them that while the vaccines are coming soon, it's still a good 6 months to a year away at minimum, and even then there will be heaps of idiots refusing to take it and also if will take more months or even years to be able to produce enough to vaccinate the whole population/world, and even if everything goes right, the coronavirus could mutate and make vaccines worthless too, or worst case scenario, a new novel coronavirus will appear before the world has even defeated this one and yeah. If we can't get our shit together against this one even 1 year later usa is still arguing over masks, then when the next worse one happens, usa will basically no longer exist as number 1 or even 2 or 3, it will basically be reduced to being a failed state.

If it takes using americans delusions of grandeur to get them to unite then politicians and everyone should use it.

China only has like 90 something thousand cases ALL up, and usa is averaging like 200,000-300,000 cases a fucking day iirc, and this is like 1 year later after the initial outbreak in wuhan.. WTF AMERICA? India I can understand, same as brazil.. they are poor and not recognized as economic, tech and military superpowers.. before this happened even I had never in my wildest dreams thought that usa was so fucking moronic and divided that even a year later people are still getting shot and killed for asking customers to wear a mask. I had thought people like Sarah palin was the tiny minority exception but turns out that she was representative of half the country or more. Like wtf?

If parents and lived ones don't wanna listen, then tell them that because of actions and people like you, 300,000 fucking americans are ALREADY dead, and if they keep being dumb and selfish, in the next 90 days alone, another 450,000 will die, and probably will even more. By middle of 2021, probably over a million americans will be dead, with tens of millions infected and sick, many of them with life long complications and inururies as a result. Tell them that they are worse than bin laden, al qaeda, ISIS and taliban all rolled into one. Tell them they are traitors to the country and that usa will lose to china because of them. Maybe that will get their brains working and make them take actions, because science doesn't seem to work, they need some nationalistic ego bullshit to bash against other countries in order for them to care, aka racists who support american supremacy.

Show the data from trumps own CDC, which are conservative estimates if anything since it's all trump yes men, and imo 99.9% it's covered up and the real numbers are probably 5-10 times of what has been officially reported.

No wonder usa didn't want to sign the UN resolution to investigate the origin of the virus, and china did. I'm starting to believe the fort detrict story as more and more info comes out.. and at this point I wouldn't even be surprised if it was some cia plot to fuck china up which then backfired spectacularly since iirc, usa warned it's closest 5 eyes allies along with israel about some coronavirus pandemic threat as early as December in a WH national security breifing/meeting where the highest level politicians and all the national level spy masters attended. Unfortunately for trump jr dismissed the reports and warnings and justice like our fuck nut PM scomo, went holiday to play golf whole the country was dbojt to dtdry burning whIle our PM literally went to hawaii while our whole country was burning down in bushfires.

Scum fuck politicians like those 2 need to not only be kicked out, but need to be put on trial at the Hague of something for crimes against humanity. Not just them but also their top advisers and cabinet members. Even pelosi and opposition too, for not giving relief to the tens of millions of buidnnesses and workers who lost their jobs and who have to choose between starving and dying to covid just because these scum fucks csnnioy even out ideological differences on hold while they battle the worst global pandemic the world has seen in 100 fucking years. Incredible, just incredibilee(said in french accent).

They all got blood on their hands, and no amount of china bashing and deflection should be able to save them but it's not all their fault since fuckton of voters being such gullible fuckhesds keep voting them in and supporting them, so in the end, americans kinda reap what they sow. Now is the time to make it clear that such bullshit is not acceptable anymore, and do revolution and complete overhaul and reform of the whole crooked political system at all levels of gov in usa.
                      Last edited by ex0duz; 12-13-2020, 01:05 AM.

Comment

Looks like Kushner is back to ratfucking. The vaccine shipments are being delayed next week. I'm so tired of this fucken administration.

https://twitter.com/GovInslee/status...44817765089282

Comment

I got to deliver some vaccines this week, and got my photo taken at ORD when they came on the first flight....pretty cool shit.
                          Originally posted by g3.SneakS
                          Beast: 25/44 (56%)
                          Elven_Lord: 34/64 (53%)

Comment

Most of what I say will be in correspondence with this https://www.bls.gov/opub/mlr/2020/ar...t-recovery.htm

Great summary. Seems pretty consistent with their last summary that I posted here around Aug-Sept. The main concern of the authors is that there was a slow recovery for the Great Recession and so our future prospects for converging back to our pre-recession levels of employment are ambiguous, probably because the things that caused us to have a slow Great Recession recovery will cause us to have a slow Coronavirus recovery. There is a looming uncertainty for future employment prospects but it seems like we have mostly "preserved" the economy through quick worker "recalls" and teleworking. I cannot emphasize how striking Fig 1 & 2 are - look at the red curve which is representing the coronavirus recession and the black for the GR. If we compare it to the great recession, we hit 5% higher unemployment as compared to the worst recession of literally all time! But it lasted 60+ months less. Can you believe that?

This might actually be the greatest/most significant existing example of an unemployment shock, I don't think there's anything that actually compares. The actual literal Depression was far deeper in unemployment % but it took time to hit those numbers... the shock we just had was like running through the first year of the great depression but instead of 1 year we smashed it in like... 6 months?

Comment

The U.K. (probably just England) really is a filthy country. It's comedic at this point. During the Summers and Autumns of 2020, Brits travelled to other countries in the EU and Mediterranean, refused to follow protocol and promptly got those countries borders closed due to spiked cases. Even here in the local supermarkets, people are refusing to wear masks or practice any form of sensible risk reduction in spreading this virus. It's demoralizing. And so we're in yet another lockdown!

Comment

Dunno what's wrong with u Brits, I always thought Brits were like aussies but I guess not. Brexit and bojo and farage and co must of got you guys good same as trump and usa

Comment

Working...
                                X